Saturday 16 June 2012

So yes, may as well get it over and done with- the mandatory 'about me'/first post spiel of course.I thought it'd be proper to list the things I like and love and what I hope to achieve --you will no doubt be able to then gather an understanding as to what sort of person I am.


1.Music- it is a true love of my life, if I can't hear any, play any or see any everyday, I feel totally empty. It's there when you want to celebrate, cry, reminisce and just calm down. It's truly an amazing thing, and I admire anyone who can play music. I play piano and guitar, I sing (not very well) and I write. I hope to make a channel some day where I can stream my music...I'm just not 100% confident.


The artists I can't live without; Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis, AC/DC, Adele, Adam Lambert, Alanis Morissette, Aretha Franklin, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Billy Idol, Bon Jovi, Christina Aguilera,  Coldplay, The Clash, The Cult, David Bowie, Duffy, Duran Duran, Earth Wind & Fire, Edith Piaf, Elton John, Eminem, Evanescence, The Foo Fighters, Guns 'N' Roses, James Brown, Jay-Z, Jeff Buckley, Jessie J, The Jezabels, JET,  JT, Kanye West, The Kinks, Kings of Leon, KISS, Kula Shaker, Lady GaGa, Classical music in general, Lupe Fiasco, Madonna, Marillion, Marvin Gaye, Massive Attack, Matt Corby, Michael Bublé, Michael Jackson, The Middle East, Miike Snow, Mötley Crüe, Muse, Nina Simone, Oasis, P!nk, Phoenix, The Police, Powderfinger, Puddle of Mudd, Queen, The Ramones, The Rolling Stones, Santana, The Script, The Sex Pistols, Silverchair, Simple Minds, Stevie Wonder, Tom Jones, U2, Usher, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, The Village People (how could I not?), Whitney Houston, The Who, Wolfmother, Yann Tiersen, and ZZ Top. Quite varied music taste you say? Of course. It's important - to love music is to appreciate it in its many forms.


2. Fashion & Beauty- I absolutely love fashion (most girls do I know), and yes I do have aspirations to own ridiculously ticketed items (e.g. YSL blazer or shoes, not <$1600 a piece). But I also believe that anyone can look good regardless of the amount of $$ in the bank. I prefer to buy a few good pieces- 'investments as I like to call them'- than go to your regular Cotton On or whatever other cheap clothing store and have to buy 10 of one top. It seems wasteful. My favourite Aussie stores to shop in; Cue, Mimco, SABA, DJs, Wittner, Witchery, Review, and David Lawrence to name a few. I don't tend to dress with the trend of most girls my age- super tiny shorts and revealing garments aren't really my thing. I believe elegance at all times is necessary, and that the best look for a woman is a modest one, with a touch of cheekiness. I'd probably say that my personal style is influenced by times of old, the 40s and 50s especially, but I like to add a modern twist to any outfit. It definitely makes things exciting, and is the reason why fashion is such an amazing thing. Favourite designers; YSL, Chanel, Prabal Gurung, Miu Miu, PRADA, Louboutin, Givenchy, Balenciaga,Tom Ford and Hermes. Now I'm going to be completely girly and say that I do love to play with makeup- I don't wear a whole lot, but it's enjoyable sometimes of an afternoon- be it a lazy Saturday or Sunday, to do a mini-makeover- the combinations of colours and textures are limitless. As far as jewellery goes, I'm fairly plain, and my favourite type to wear is anything with pearls- forget the diamonds! There's a timeless class about them which makes them so alluring. Paspaley here I come?


One more thing about beauty- I've found it's very rare these days to find a girl who isn't subject to a trend or fad, a face of caked-on makeup, or one that isn't completely self-obsessed. We're always going to be products of society and media, but a true beauty isn't one with the most conventionally perfect features, or the most symmetrical face- rather, it's in their style, their ability to dress without pressure from others, and to exhibit their best features. Truly, as Yves Saint Laurent himself once said, “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” 


3. Film & Novel - I really do love a good film, and a good book for that matter. My favourite films (in no particular order); The Hurricane, From Dusk Till Dawn, Austin Powers, LOTR, Star Trek, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Step Brothers, Pride and Prejudice, Disney-Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty & The Beast, Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, The Lion King- The Boat That Rocked, The Ring, The Exorcist, Dracula, Blade Runner, The Matrix, The Godfather, Up, The Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Schindler's List, Michael Collins, Taken, Star Wars, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Se7en, Indiana Jones, American Beauty, Amelie, The Departed, Inception, Romeo + Juliet (Luhrman), Kill Bill, Life is Beautiful, La Vie En Rose, The Green Mile, Gladiator, Monty Python, The Bourne Trilogy, Some Like It Hot, Butterfield 8, Pan's Labyrinth, Die Hard, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Sixth Sense, The King's Speech, Black Swan, How To Train Your Dragon, V for Vendetta, Rocky, Rambo, A Beautiful Mind, Harry Potter, Gallipoli, The Piano, Wolf Creek, The Loved Ones, The Social Network, The Debt, Toy Story, Law Abiding Citizen, Zombieland, The Shining. Favourite novels/novelists; Matthew Reilly (any of his books really), Austen, The Count of Monte Cristo, Rage, Vanity Fair, Frankenstein, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, The Slap, Great Expectations..


4. Men- A tricky one, but nevertheless I'll give it a shot- I'm a little fussy, but the three most important things to me; intelligence, wit and a nice face. Oh and maybe a decent sense of style. Typically I'll be just blown away by a man in a suit (well tailored of course), because I really think it's so masculine and old-world. Love it. Shallow as it sounds, I don't believe that one person can truly be interested in another without some sort of physical attraction- it doesn't work. I mean hey, no one's looking for (actually I take that back) a GQ model or a VS Angel, but a good looker goes a long way. Okay I'll stop now. But yes, old-fashioned gentlemen are my thing. Liam Neeson, any day baby. Any day. 


5. Travel- I've been blessed as far as travelling goes- I've seen so much of the world already, despite being relatively young still. I've been to- Greece, Italy, UK, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, China, and The States (NY, LA, Vegas, San Francisco, Honolulu). I hope to go on a Contiki tour (or something similar) next year, to Europe and Ireland, or back to New York-for me, the most electric city in the world. Amazing. 


6. What I hope to achieve- I've always wanted to be a Broadway singer, but that dream is pretty much kaput (I do live in hope but..unlikely). But I'd love to work in NY, so I thought hey, if I can't sing, I'll do business. It's dog-eat-dog but I'm a pretty tough, independent sort of person so it may just be good for me. I'd love to do a lot of travel in my life- it's something my mum has instilled in me because she missed out and got married. I also hope to be a very educated, learned, cultured person, because when you have that knowledge and perceptiveness, life is so much more beautiful and enjoyable. 


And I'm sitting here at my desk, on a Sunday afternoon, exams approaching and I've procrastinated quite beautifully by writing this introductory patter. Welcome to my blog. 


Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment